Support for prospective  International Students

Blocked Account for 60 €

- no monthly fees

One stop solution for every one of your necessities.


Our Expertise

BAM! helps all students not only reach, but exceed their goals. Our experience helps us lay out a strategy that perfectly fits every student. This collaboration is essential for a successful transition. Learn about some of our projects below, and get in touch to see what we can do for you.



Step 1: Fill our Application Form 

Step 2: Upload or send us a color copy of your passport and university acceptance letter at

If you don't get redirected to the application form, please use this link:



For a first time student staying Germany, the experience can be a mixed bag of emotions and apprehension getting housing, insurance, bank accounts and even phone plans arranged. Our approach to this transition is to make the process comprehensive and easy on our prospective clients. We provide housing consultation to our clients who open blocked accounts with BAM. These consultations can be helpful in making the necessary connections to find the right dwelling for you and your potential flat mates. BAM is a one stop shop for those students looking to have a seamless and easy transition from home to Germany.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use this Blocked Account to get my visa?

Yes, you can. As you can see on the website of the German Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt), we are one of the officially accepted providers of blocked accounts for visa applications to Germany. After opening the account and transferring the money, we will provide you with a blocked account confirmation for your visa appointment.

How long does it take to open a Blocked Account?

After filling out the Application Form and sending us your documents (passport, university acceptance letter and proof of identity), it takes one business day (Mo-Fr) to open the account. We will send you the opening confirmation and payment details by email.

What are the charges of Blocked Account and Insurance?

For the Blocked Account there is a 60 € opening fee (no monthly charges). For the health insurance, sign up is free. The monthly charges depend on the health insurance provider you use. Public health insurance costs 106,93 € monthly, private insurance costs 72 € monthly.

What happens if my visa gets declined?

If your visa gets declined, we will refund your blocked amount. In this case, you would have to email us the visa rejection letter and we will refund the amount to the bank account that you have transferred us the money from.

What is the Insurance process?

Fill out the application form, send us your documents (passport, university acceptance letter and proof of identity), and within 2 business days you will receive a confirmation from the health insurance company that you can use for your visa appointment. The private insurance is active as of the starting date you choose, the public insurance is active as of the beginning of your semester. so once you reach Germany and finalize your university registration, the health insurance company will need your matriculation certificate (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung), your German address, a passport picture of you and your German bank account details.
After that you will receive your health insurance card in the mail.

Where are your housing options located?

As of now, our housing options are mainly located in Berlin. For other locations we offer housing consultation and mediation with your prospective landlord.

What are the prices for apartments?

Housing fees (incl. water, heat, electricity, internet, basic furniture)
400 € monthly Shared/Dorm Room
600 € monthly Single Room in shared apartment
900 € monthlay Studio (Maximum 2 people)

How do I take money from the Blocked Account?

The monthly blocked amount will be transferred to your personal bank account. So, after you reach Germany, you will have to send us your bank details along with your German address and your VISA/stamped passport.

Does the transfer have to be in euros only?

The blocked amount will be received in Euros. If you send the money in another currency, it will have to be converted. Bank fees may apply.

What is the process to open a Blocked Account?

It’s simple. Just fill out the application form online and email us your passport, your proof of identity and your acceptance letter (from university or school) or, if you are not a student, a document confirming your purpose of moving to Germany. We will then email you the opening confirmation and the transfer instructions. Once the money is transferred, you will receive, also by email, a confirmation with the amount in your blocked account.

Do we have a charge for Health Insurance?

BAM does not charge you for helping you sign up for health insurance. You will only have to pay the monthly health insurance contribution directly to the health insurance company.

Do you charge for sending monthly payments to other German banks (e.g. Deutsche Bank)?

No, there is no fee for the monthly transfers.

Can minors open a Blocked Account?

Yes, it is possible for minors to open a blocked account with BAM.

Do I automatically get a free card to withdraw the money every month?

No, the money cannot be withdrawn directly from the blocked account, it will be transferred to your personal bank account (at any German bank) every month.

At which banks can I withdraw money for free?

Please check with your bank when opening a personal bank account. For example, at Sparkasse, Postbank, Norisbank, Commerzbank and others.

Do we have an office in Hamburg and can we come to the office?

Yes, we have an office in Hamburg, however, since the entire process is online, there is no need for you to visit in person - and in the current COVID-pandemic, we prefer no personal visits to the office. If you have questions or are in need of help, get in touch with us by email or through the chat on the website.